Buet’s Sher-e-Bangla Hall provost resigns
Published: 19:52 9 October 2019 Updated: 19:55 9 October 2019
Md Zafar Iqbal Khan, the provost of Sher-e-Bangla Hall in Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Buet), has resigned over the incident of Abrar Fahad murder.
BUET Teachers’ Association president AKM Masud said this on Wednesday when he was among the students protesting in the street next to the Shaheed Minar of BUET.
“On Wednesday morning, I submitted my resignation letter to the office of the Vice-Chancellor and registrar as not found him in the office,” said Md Zafar Iqbal Khan, provost of Sher-e-Bangla Hall.
Informing the matter of provost’s resign, AKM Masud said that in the current situation, there is no administrative work situation in BUET. “Now the admission test is supposed to be held. Whether it will be postponed or the examination will be held — these will be decided at a meeting of the Academic Council.”
Meanwhile, Abrar’s father Barkat Ullah filed a murder case against 19 people, including the arrestees, with the Chawkbazar Police Station.
The body of Abrar was recovered from the Buet’s Sher-E-Bangla residential hall early Sunday. He, hailing from Kushtia, was a second-year student of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of the institution.
Abrar's classmates claimed that he was beaten to death. He was a resident of the no-1011 room of the institution’s Sher-E-Bangla residential hall.
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- DU admission test in new method
- UGC alerts on admission to private university
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PEC exam schedule published
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- HSC’s exam routine for 2020 published
- NU online admission starts Sep 1
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- BUP Film Fest ‘19 Signed off
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Unrest in BUET over Abrar murder
- Abrar murder: BUET students place 8-point demand
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case