Body of CR Dutta at Dhakeshwari Temple
Published: 10:27 1 September 2020 Updated: 11:39 1 September 2020
The body of Major General (Retd) Chitta Ranjan Dutta (CR Dutta) Bir Uttam, Commander of Sector 4 during the War of Liberation and Founder President of the Bangladesh Hindu Buddhist Christian Unity Parishad, has been taken to the Dhakeshwari Temple premises at 8:30 am on Tuesday for public homage till 12:00 pm while the State Honor of sector commander will be conferred there.
Earlier CR Dutta’s body has been brought to the country from Florida around 8.40 am on Monday by an Emirates Airlines flight.
His body was taken from the cold storage of the Combined Military Hospital (CMH) in the capital to his Banani DOHS residence on early Tuesday while a tribute organized by the Banani Society was given to Mr. Dutta’s body. Then the body has been taken to the Dhakeshwari Temple premises and a vigilante team of police from the Dhaka district administration will give the state honor guard of honor.
CR Dutta's last rites will be performed at Sri Sri Bardeswari Kalimata Temple in the Basabo-Sabujbagh area of the capital, earlier, the army would pay homage to him.
CR Dutta died at a hospital in Florida, USA at around 9:00 am on last Tuesday at the age of 93 years old.
- Maulana Golam Sarwar Saide dies
- Dr. Zohra Begum Kazi’s 108th birth anniv today
- Killing schoolgirl after rape: CID collects evidence
- Anushka at Dihan`s house: Which was seen in CCTV footage
- Dewanbagi Pir Syed Mahbub-e-Khoda dies
- Army officer adorned ‘Colonel’ rank while in coma for 7 years
- Shaheed Dr Milon Day on Friday
- Legal action will be taken against fake news portals: Hasan
- Two-day weekly holidays in schools, colleges
- Work of Mongla port’s new channel completed before schedule time
- Cold wave may continue till tomorrow morning
- Working to build a vibrant blue economy: PM
- 7hrs raid at Haji Selim’s residence, what recovered…
- Beigun’s remarks over Rohingya issue is inappropriate: China
- Irfan Selim sentenced to one-year imprisonment