Body of Badal arrives this evening
Published: 13:12 8 November 2019 Updated: 18:04 8 November 2019
Moinuddin Khan Badal
The body of Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal President (JSD-one part) and Chattogram-8 constituency MP, freedom fighter Moinuddin Khan Badal will arrive in Dhaka on Friday night at 8:30 pm. Thereafter, the first Namaz e Janaza is supposed to be held at the Jatiya Sangsad Plaza on Saturday morning. Then Moinuddin Khan Badal will be buried at the family cemetery after another Namaz e Janaza following Magrib prayer this evening.
The veteran politician and freedom fighter Moinuddin Khan Badal died while undergoing treatment at the Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences (NICS) at Bangalore in India on early Thursday. He was 67 years old and suffering from various diseases for several days. Moinuddin Khan Badal has been seriously ill since he suffered a brain stroke two years ago. He also had heart problems.
He was taken to NICS of Bangalore in India for a regular checkup on October 18 and according to doctors’ advice, he was admitted. Then, on Thursday morning, Badal breathed his last there. The President, Prime Minister and several other political parties mourned at the death of this great politician.
Born in 1952 at the village of Saroyatoli in Boalkhali upazila in Chittagong, Moinuddin Khan Badal started politics with Chhatra League. In 1971 he actively took part in the liberation war of Bangladesh.
Moinuddin Khan Badal was one of the leaders of the resistance in unloading weapons for attacking Bangladeshi’s from Swat vessel from Pakistan at Chattogram port during the liberation war. Badal became attracted to socialist politics in the post Liberation period. JSD to Basad, and later again came back to JSD. He was active in JSD politics till his death. Badal also played a significant role in the formation of 14 party alliance under the leadership of Awami League. He was elected MP three times from the Chattogram-8. He had a reputation as an outspoken speaker in Parliament.
- Cyclone “Bulbul”
Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Sharmin reveals about Samrat’s Chinese girlfriend
- US Bangla Cabin crew held with 10kg gold
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Cyclone ‘Kiar’ approaching, winter may arrive in Oct
- ‘DC Ahmed Kabir will be received exemplary punishment’
- Myanmar falsified Bangladesh FM’s speech
- New DC in Jamalpur
- Soroj Mehedi new director of Cyber Security Institute
- Rohingya refused to go back