Body formed for website marking Bangabandhu’s centenary
Published: 17:06 12 June 2019 Updated: 11:42 13 June 2019
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman; File Photo
A 17-member committee has been formed to scrutinize or select contents for the website created marking the birth centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the architect of independent Bangladesh.
The ‘National Implementation Committee for the Celebration of the Birth Centenary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’ formed the committee to upload contents on the website after scrutinizing those, said a press release.
Member secretary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Memorial Trust Sheikh Hafizur Rahman has been made convener of the committee while Special Assistant to the Prime Minister Barrister Shah Ali Farhad member secretary, according to sources related to the national implementation committee for the birth centenary celebration.
Former chairman of University Grants Commission (UGC) Dr Abdul Mannan, curator of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Memorial Museum Nazrul Islam Khan, National University Vice-Chancellor Professor Dr Harun-or-Rashid, Jagannath University Vice-Chancellor Dr Mizanur Rahman, former city editor of the Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS) Ajit Kumar Sarkar, Deputy Press Secretary to the Prime Minister M Ashraful Alam Khokan, Suchinta Foundation Chairman Prof Mohammad A Arafat and Centre for Research and Information (CRI) Associate Coordinator Tonmoy Ahmed are included in the committee.
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- General Aziz Ahmed - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Nonstop train on Dhaka-Benapole route July 25
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Interpol issues red notice to ex colonel Shahid Uddin Khan
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards