Biggest budget in country’s history to be passed today
Published: 11:36 30 June 2019 Updated: 12:13 30 June 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Tk 5,23,190 crore national budget, which is the biggest in the country's history, for the financial year 2019-20 (FY20) will be passed at the Jatiya Sangsad on Sunday.
Earlier on Saturday, the Finance Bill 2019 was passed unanimously in Parliament with some changes in the capital market, VAT and handloom (taant) industry.
On behalf of the Finance Minister, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for the first time in the history of the country moved the Bill, which was passed by voice vote.
On June 13, Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal unveiled the national budget for the financial year 2019-20 (FY20) at the Jatiya Sangsad. It is the country’s 48th national budget and 20th by the Awami League government in its five terms since the 1971 Independence and Mustafa Kamal's first budget.
- US-China trade war: Trump steps next
- Payra power plant protest leads to Chinese worker’s death
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 14 farms received President Award
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- BARVIDA`s new committee to take office tomorrow
- Biggest budget in country’s history to be passed today
- ‘Country’s foreign exchange reserve $33 billion’
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Hili land port resumes today
- Tk 2,02,721cr ADP in FY20 budget