Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
Published: 19:12 8 September 2019
The activities of the newly approved Bengal Commercial Bank will start in December this year. The entrepreneur company Bengal Group is working towards this goal.
Md. Jasim Uddin, the Vice-Chairman of Bengal Group said that Bengal Commercial Bank is expected to be opened by December next.
An office has been taken for the bank's headquarters at Gulshan's Khandaker Tower. They have already applied for a license to Bangladesh Bank.
Bangladesh Bank approved four new banks, including Bengal Commercial Bank on February 17.
Meanwhile, the police-owned Community Bank Bangladesh Limited may be launched this month. The Gulshan Police Plaza will be its headquarters. It will start its journey with 6 branches as well as the Principal Branch. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is scheduled to inaugurate the bank.
The number of commercial banks in the country will rise to 62 if these 4 banks launched.
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- DITF-2020 begins on Wednesday
- Bangladesh to outshine Malaysia, Singapore by 2024
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Mustafa Kamal named world’s best Finance Minister
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- ‘Income Tax Fair’ kicks off tomorrow
- Armed Forces Income Tax Fair begins
- Onion cargo flight arrives at Shahjalal airport
- Weeklong Income Tax fair set to begin Nov 14
- Middle-Eastern expats ahead in remittance
- Bangla Bond debuts on London Stock Exchange
- Malaysian investors dazed at amazing dev of Bangladesh
- Toyota to recall 1,380 defective cars in China