Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
Published: 19:12 8 September 2019
The activities of the newly approved Bengal Commercial Bank will start in December this year. The entrepreneur company Bengal Group is working towards this goal.
Md. Jasim Uddin, the Vice-Chairman of Bengal Group said that Bengal Commercial Bank is expected to be opened by December next.
An office has been taken for the bank's headquarters at Gulshan's Khandaker Tower. They have already applied for a license to Bangladesh Bank.
Bangladesh Bank approved four new banks, including Bengal Commercial Bank on February 17.
Meanwhile, the police-owned Community Bank Bangladesh Limited may be launched this month. The Gulshan Police Plaza will be its headquarters. It will start its journey with 6 branches as well as the Principal Branch. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is scheduled to inaugurate the bank.
The number of commercial banks in the country will rise to 62 if these 4 banks launched.
- US-China trade war: Trump steps next
- Payra power plant protest leads to Chinese worker’s death
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- BARVIDA`s new committee to take office tomorrow
- 14 farms received President Award
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Biggest budget in country’s history to be passed today
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- ‘Country’s foreign exchange reserve $33 billion’
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Gold, silver price abated
- MoU to generate 500MW renewable power plants
- US-China trade war turning out to be boon for Bangladesh