Baton-charging on human chain: Probe committee formed
Published: 22:25 9 August 2020
Police dispersed students in human chain demanding release of filmmaker Sifat
A committee has been formed to probe the incident of police baton-charging a human chain demanding the release of filmmaker Sifat, who was arrested by the police.
Barguna district police formed the three-member committee headed by Additional SP Md. Mofizul Islam.
Additional SP Mofizul Islam said, members of the committee visited the site in Bamna, Barguna on Sunday and talked to locals. The truth of the incident will be known within one or two days.
Earlier on Saturday, a human chain was organized at Bamna in his village home in Barguna to demand Sifat's release. Locals including teachers and students of Stamford University took part there. But even though the human chain was going on peacefully, the police first snatched the banners and posters in the hands of the human chain makers. Later, Bamna Police Station OC Ilias Ali Talukder dispersed the students by baton charging.
- AC blast at Narayanganj mosque, 40 burnt
- Cops detain ‘undressed wicked’ over rape threat in Chattogram
- Habibur’s `Happy Child` won Agora Smile-2020 contest
- Biker bride Farhana to get bike from father-in-law
- Barishal’s farmer cultivates medicinal Noni
- Abusive comments on photo, ‘Biker Bride’ seeks justice
- Drug dealer Ripon killed in Dakkhinkhan ‘gunfight’
- Top terrorist Mina Kamal killed in Khulna gunfight
- Covid or Flood, Nothing can stop ‘Gaye Holud’
- Drug trader killed in Joypurhat gunfight
- Gangetic dolphin caught in Dharla
- Fire at Rupganj furniture factory, 12 firefighting units on scene
- Two killed in Teknaf `shootout` with police
- Pori gave birth to Corona in Ctg zoo
- Akkelpur OC withdrawn over irregularities