Bangladeshi girl sexually assaulted in India: 6 detained in Bangalore
Published: 10:41 28 May 2021
Bangalore police have arrested six people, including Rifatul Islam alias TikTok Hridoy, in connection with the sexual assault of a young girl in Kerala, India and spread the video on social media.
“Bangalore police arrested them on Thursday,” confirmed Tejgaon Division Deputy Commissioner (DC) Md. Shahidullah to the media.
The arrestees are – Rifatul Islam Hridoy, Sheikh Mohammad Baba, Sagar and Akhil. Police did not reveal the identities of the two arrested women.
“A message was sent to the Bangalore police by the Bangladesh police regarding the sexual assault of a Bangladeshi girl,” said Md. Shahidullah
Bangalore police have arrested six people, including women, he also said. “Bangladeshi accused will be brought back to the country soon in the case of Prevention of Human Trafficking Act and Pornography Control Act filed with Hatirjheel Police Station in the capital.”
According to Indian media sources, after the video of a young girl being sexually assaulted recently went viral, the Bangalore police filed a case against six people, including two women, for rape and assault. Bangalore police on Thursday night arrested six people, including women, in connection with the case.
After watching the video of the incident, the victim’s father identified his daughter and filed a human trafficking case with the Hatirjheel police station in the capital on Thursday (May 27) night.
- Premium Sweets owner among 3 killed in Canada road crash
- Bangladeshi girl sexually assaulted in India: 6 detained
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Ongoing lockdown extended till May 16
- Father hacked to death in front of child: Mastermind among 2 held
- Lockdown may relax before Eid: Quader
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- Female doctor found dead in capital
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur
- Rain likely to continue for 3 days
- Lieutenant General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed made new army chief
- Chronology of national budget of Bangladesh
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic