Bangladeshi girl assaulted in India: TikTok Hridoy shot while fleeing police custody
Published: 15:22 28 May 2021 Updated: 15:25 28 May 2021
TikTok Hridoy was shot while fleeing from police custody in India; Photo: Collected
Bangalore police have arrested five people, including Rifatul Islam alias TikTok Hridoy Babu, in connection with the sexual assault of a Bangladeshi young girl in Kerala, India and spread that video on social media. Later, TikTok Hridoy and another one named Sagar shot while fleeing from police custody on Friday.
According to Bangalore police, four arrested youths were taken to their residence from the police station on Friday for investigation. From there, TikTok Hridoy Babu and Sagar attacked the police. When the police fired in self-defense, Hridoy and Sagar were shot in the knees. Now they are being treated at a government hospital.
Meanwhile, the Dhaka Metropolitan Detective Police confirmed the identity of the tortured Bangladeshi girl and said the police will bring her back to the country.
The DMP police, in the meantime, said they started the process of bringing the arrestee TikTok Hridoy back to the country. Cases and investigations would be launched in both countries, police said.
It is to be mentioned that Hridoy, 26, used to live in the Baubazar area at Nayatola in Maghbazar. Everyone in the area knows him as TikTok Hridoy Babu. Through TikTok, he developed friendships with different girls. It is known that he used to make TikTok videos in Hatirjheel with girls from different areas including Khilgaon.
According to the police, the victim got acquainted with Hridoy through social media, he smuggled her to India illegally by showing her various temptations including a well-paid job. The girl was then forced into the sex trade there.
- Hundreds of unmarked graves found at Canada residential school
- Covid Delta variant as transmissible as chickenpox: CDC
- India records 624 more fatalities
- Huge floods leave 120 dead in Europe
- Kim Jong Un `emaciated`, citizens heartbroken: state TV
- First case of deadly Marburg virus in West Africa detected
- Gunmen kidnap 140 school students in northwest Nigeria
- Probe body formed over 14 killed in China warehouse blaze: Xinhua
- China ready for ‘friendly relations’ with Taliban
- `Smallest baby at birth` discharged from hospital after 13 months
- Miami building collapse: Death toll climbs to 9; 150 missing
- Haiti earthquake: Death toll climbs to over 1,297
- Israeli forces open fire on Palestinians; 379 injured
- 20 missing after heavy rains trigger landslide in Japan
- 43 incl Bangladeshis missing after migrant boat sinks off Tunisia