Bangladesh ranks 7th in expatriate income
Published: 21:32 13 May 2022
The World Bank (WB) says Bangladesh ranks 7th among the top 10 countries in terms of expatriate income in 2021.
The top six countries in terms of expatriate income are — India, Mexico, China, Philippines, Egypt and Pakistan.
Bangladesh ranks after India and Pakistan among 8 countries in South Asia.
The WB’s “Migration and Development” report on the expatriate income of low- and middle-income countries, released on Tuesday, forecasts this.
According to the report, in 2021, the expatriate income in Bangladesh has increased by only 2.2 percent ($22 billion). By the end of this year, the growth rate of expatriate income is likely to be 2 percent.
The report added that the growth was mainly due to “government incentives” and “remittances to families” in the country. At the beginning of last Ramadan (March), the growth of expatriate income in the country has decreased in the last 6 months except for a 24 percent jump.
It was also informed that the growth rate of expatriate income will come down to 2 percent by the end of this year.
- Diesel-petrol-octane prices reduced, effective tonight
- Low-middle incomers to get loan of Tk 30 lakh to buy flat
- 5 money changers` license suspended
- Gold price hikes again
- RMG items export to EU sees 45% growth
- Rice prices fall
- BD RMG exports increase by 45% in EU
- Garment products go to Poland through Padma Bridge
- Tk 15606cr remittances received in 21 days
- BAT Bangladesh named among top income taxpayers
- Edible oil prices likely to reduce in October: Commerce Minister
- BB to release new notes of Tk 10, Tk 20
- Sugar, oil’s new price fixed
- Tk 75,000cr laundered in digital hundi in a year: CID
- Edible oil prices will be adjusted soon: Tipu Munshi