Bangladesh pays hotel fare for Zim team
Published: 23:08 20 September 2019
Zimbabwe cricket is in severe crisis including finance due to losing its ICC membership. The country's cricket board is in such a bad state that it does not even have a position to spend on its own team. In such a situation, Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has extended helps to them.
Masakadzas’ are scheduled to leave Bangladesh on September 27 for Singapore while their hotel booking in Dhaka till September 25. But they have no fund to stay in Dhaka for left two days (in the middle).
BCB has extended its help in this regard. It is arranging Zimbabwean accommodation at the hotel with its own finance. The Board is primarily responsible for resolving any financial problems of the visiting team.
BCB will help Zimbabwe by following that tradition, said Nizamuddin. "It is a common practice that the host country will pay for guest teams," he said.
Nizamuddin added, "Even if the visiting team faces any financial problems, the welcoming board will handle it and then send a letter to the touring team's cricket board. I think it's an internal issue between two party boards. '
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bangladesh U-19s sarts Asia Cup with win
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Bangladesh U-19 beat England U-19
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Shakib included in CWC19 best XI
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Tigers reach Ctg to play Test against Afghans
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- ICC Women’s T20 WCQ
Tigresses crowns unbeaten champions
- Happy Birthday Mashrafe !
- Vettori elated to be Tigers’ spin bowling coach
- Tigresses in Scotland to play T20 WC Qualifiers
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today