Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
Published: 23:13 15 May 2019 Updated: 11:43 16 May 2019
Fifty from both opener Tamim Iqbal, Liton Das and Shakib Al Hasan helped Bangladesh to win over Ireland by 6 wickets in the 6th match of the tri-nation series at Dublin today.
Batting first Ireland post 292/8. Chasing the target Bangladesh reach the target keeping 6 wickets and 7 overs in hand.
Tamim Iqbal and Liton Das added 117 runs in the opening stand. Tamim went out scoring 57 off 53. Then Liton Das and Shakib Al Hasan added 43 runs in the second wickets stand. Liton bowled by McCarthy scoring 76 off 67.
Shakib and Mushfiqur Rahim added 64-run in the 3rd wicket stand. Mushfiqur went out scoring 35 off 33 but Shakib retired hurt scoring 50 off 51 when Bangladesh were 247/3. Then Bangladesh lost Mosaddek Hossain (14) but Mahmudullah*(35 off 29) and Sabbir* Rahman's 7 off 8 help Bangladesh to win the match by 6 wickets.
Earlier, Right-hand pacer Abu Jayed Chowdhury bagged his first five wickets haul as host Ireland restricted 292/8 in 50 overs in the 6th match of tri-nation series at Dublin today.
After winning the toss Ireland captain William Porterfield chose to bat first against Bangladesh. PR Stirling hit ton (130 off 141) for the host.
JA McCollum and PR Stirling open the innings for the host Ireland. Bangladesh pacer Rubel Hossain first strikes in the Irish Shibir removing JA McCollum (5) for 23.
Then Abu Jayed removed A Balbirnie 20 off 20 and Ireland lost their 2nd wickets to 59.
PR Stirling and skipper WTS Porterfield added 174 runs in the 3rd wickets stand. Porterfield went out to 233 scoring 94 0ff 106 by Abu Jayed in 44.4 overs.
No other batman able to score run more than 12 but Stirling 130 off 141 help Ireland to post 292/8 after 50 overs.
For Bangladesh, Abu Jayed took 5 wickets for 58. Saifuddin bagged 2 and Rubel Hossain took the other wicket.
Bangladesh will take on West Indies in the final on May 17 in Dublin.
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bangladesh U-19s sarts Asia Cup with win
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Bangladesh U-19 beat England U-19
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Shakib included in CWC19 best XI
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Tigers reach Ctg to play Test against Afghans
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Vettori elated to be Tigers’ spin bowling coach
- ICC Women’s T20 WCQ
Tigresses crowns unbeaten champions
- Tigresses in Scotland to play T20 WC Qualifiers