Bangladesh U-19s sarts Asia Cup with win
Published: 17:11 6 September 2019
Bangladesh under-19s cricket team have started their Asia Cup mission with win over their United Arab Amirates under-19 cricket team at Katunayake today.
After winning the toss Bangladesh Under-19s elected to field first. United Arab Amirates all out for 127 in 28 overs. Osama Hassan 58 was the highest scorer for Amirates. A Sharafu 34 was another batsman who scored the double-figure.
Tanzim Hasan Sakib and Rakibul Hasan took three wickets each for Bangladesh. Shoriful Islam took 2 and Mrittunjoy Chowdhury bagged the other wicket.
Chasing the target Bangladesh U-19s reached the target with 6 wickets and 141 balls remaining.
Tanzid Hasan and Parvez Hossain Emon made a good start for Bangladesh as they added 62 runs in the first wicket stand. Parvez Hossain Emon went out scoring 30 off 33. Then Mahmudul Hasan Joy and opener Tanzid Hasan made continue to score runs but Tanzid Hasan went out 5 runs short from fifty.
Towhid Hridoy also dismissed for 18 but Bangladesh chased the target in 21.3 over.
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Fizz wishes Warner for hitting ton on birthday
- Shakib banned for 2 yrs
- Rajshahi Royals rope Andre Russell
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- ‘Bangabandhu Gold Cup 2020’ to be held at BNS
- China`s state TV pulls live Arsenal game
- Sexual harassment case against Tennis Federation GS
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Sourav Ganguly elected president of India’s cricket board
- Why will ICC ban Shakib?
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Did Shakib get death threat from gambler Agarwal?