Bangladesh U-19 team draw 1-1 against Jordan
Published: 22:07 8 November 2019 Updated: 22:39 8 November 2019
The Bangladesh Under-19 boys’ football team, came from behind to earn a fighting 1-1 goal draw with strong Jordan in their second group E match of the AFC U-19 Championship-2020 held on Friday evening at the Khalifa Sports City Stadium in Manama, Bahrain.
In the day’s match, Jordan took the lead from a penalty a few second before the end of first half but it was skipper Yasin Arafat who brought back Bangladesh in match in the 76th minute with a brilliant header utilizing a long throw from Kazi Rahat.
Bangladesh have been pitted alongside Bahrain, Jordan and Bhutan in the group and they will play their third and last group match against South Asian rivals Bhutan on Sunday (November 10).
Earlier, Bangladesh suffered a 0-3 goal defeat to host Bahrain in their group opening match held on Wednesday last.
Champions of eleven groups and four best runners-up teams will join Uzbekistan in the final round, which will be held from October 16-31 next year.
- Bangladesh U-19s sarts Asia Cup with win
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Sourav Ganguly elected president of India’s cricket board
- Happy Birthday Mashrafe !
- Shakib banned for 2 yrs
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- Tigers reach Ctg to play Test against Afghans
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Messi wins record 6th ‘The Best FIFA Men’s Player’
- ICC Women’s T20 WCQ
Tigresses crowns unbeaten champions
- Zahir Khan takes 5-wicket over BCB XI