Bangladesh-Argentina agree to increase trade
Published: 21:46 23 August 2019
Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi said Bangladesh government is interested to sign Free Trade Agreement (FTA) to import more goods in Argentina.
“Bangladesh imported goods of $ 622 million from Argentina against the export of goods of $18 million in the last fiscal… We can export more if we can get the FTA facilities,” he said.
Munshi, who is now on a visit to Argentina, stated this at a meeting with Minister of Labor and Production of the Latin American nation Dante Sica on Thursday there, said an official press release today.
“If Argentina lowers the duty on import items, its people could buy world class Bangladeshi RMG at a reasonable price,” he said.
The FTA would reduce the existing import duty to ease the method of exporting Bangladeshi readymade garment (RMG) and other items to its market.
The commerce minister also sought cooperation of Argentine businessmen and importers alongside the government to pave the way for Bangladeshi products in their country’s market.
The minister invited the Argentine businessmen to visit Bangladesh to find out ways for boosting the bilateral trade between the two countries.
- US-China trade war: Trump steps next
- Payra power plant protest leads to Chinese worker’s death
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 14 farms received President Award
- BARVIDA`s new committee to take office tomorrow
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Biggest budget in country’s history to be passed today
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- ‘Country’s foreign exchange reserve $33 billion’
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Tk 2,02,721cr ADP in FY20 budget
- Gold, silver price abated