‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
Published: 22:43 3 December 2019
Bangla is the second most popular language officially in London, UK. Recently the recognition was given to the Bangla language.
At present, there are about 72,000 Bengali-speaking people in London. It ranks just after English in terms of popularity and usage. Polish and Turkish are only after Bangla.
About two lakh London residents speak to one of the three. Recently, a company survey revealed this information.
At present, although the number of Bengali speakers in the UK is increasing, only three percent of British people can speak Bengali fluently, the survey said.
The company conducted a study to increase London's cultural diversity and communication among residents. A lot of new information comes out in that survey. It is learned that around 1 million London residents speak a foreign language at home.
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Al-Baghdadi ‘died like a dog and coward’
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ heads towards Bangladesh
- Mayor tied to truck and dragged along by angry farmers
- Israel PM Netanyahu charged with corruption
- ‘Scary’ glass bridges shut in China
- Fires, smoke disrupt Halloween in California
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Navy veteran found in apartment ‘died three years ago’
- China to rewrite Quran and Bible
- Myanmar might have used chemical weapons on Rohingya: US
- Graduation at 9!
- Myanmar genocide case hearing next month: UN court
- Rohingya Crisis
Case filed against Suu Kyi at Argentina court
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan