Bangabandhu family is a role model in country’s politics: Quader
Published: 15:15 27 May 2022 Updated: 18:44 27 May 2022
Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader; File Photo
Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader today said that the Bangabandhu family is a role model in the politics of Bangladesh.
He said this at a briefing at his official residence in the capital on Friday.
Obaidul Quader said the BNP was conspiring to “dump bodies” on the campus of Dhaka University (DU) to destabilize the country before the inauguration of the bridge as they could not stop the construction of the Padma Bridge.
He further said BNP leaders have lost their minds after seeing mega projects like Padma Bridge, Metro Rail, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Karnaphuli Tunnel. BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir, who is suffering from political hallucinations, is lying one after another. BNP is suffering from heartburn after seeing Padma Bridge.
Regarding the imaginary allegation of looting by the BNP Secretary General about the Padma Bridge, Obaidul Quader said this is the new discovery of the distorted brain of Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir. “Where did the looting come from where the World Bank (WB) did not give money? The construction work of Padma Bridge has been completed with 100% transparency. The BNP leaders are talking nonsense to confuse the people of the country about the Padma Bridge. People are rejecting BNP due to the politics of lies, propaganda and terrorism,” he also said.
Addressing the BNP Secretary General, Obaidul Quader said, “If you can’t prove it with specific information, then Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir should apologize for the mega lies about megaprojects.”
The Bridges Minister added that the WB withdrew from the Padma Bridge project on “allegations of corruption”. Then Bangabandhu’s daughter Sheikh Hasina took a “bold decision to build Padma Bridge with her own funds”. The allegations made by the WB about the Padma Bridge corruption were later dismissed by a Canadian court and Bangladesh was acquitted. Then the WB admits that they made a mistake by withdrawing from the Padma Bridge project. “Then will the BNP Secretary General lie about the transparency of Padma Bridge?” he questioned.
Obaidul Quader said the Awami League has been involved with the countrymen since its inception and has worked for human welfare. The people of the country are confident in Awami League. Besides, now Sheikh Hasina is more popular than ever. There is no leader in Bangladesh who is close to her skill and honesty.
- BNP leaders cherish Pakistan in their hearts: Hasan
- Joint meeting of AL nomination board on Saturday
- Ripon gets boat symbol in Gaibandha-5 by polls
- Awami League candidates in 60 Zilla Parishads
- Many BNP leaders want to join AL: Obaidul Quader
- Gas connection cut off at Gayeshwar’s house over arrear bills
- India has given everything needs in present reality: Quader
- AL asks nomination-seekers to collect, submit forms
- BNP is playing evil game: Quader
- We won`t bow down to murderers: Bahauddin Nasim
- AL to hold nationwide demo protesting series bomb attack
- BNP wants to create conflict situation in country: Maya
- India gives all that we asked for: Quader
- AL not afraid of BNP`s movement threat: Quader
- Awami League’s root is deep in soil, countrymen: Quader