‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
Published: 12:08 1 December 2019
Bangladesh Railway (BR) will launch running of the Intercity Train on the Dhaka-Jamalpur-Dhaka route from December 16. The train was named 'Bangabandhu Express'. The train will start its journey from Dhaka to Jamalpur's Sarishabari via east Bangabandhu Bridge.
State Minister for Information Dr Murad Hasan confirmed the information, saying that the demand of the people of my constituency area Jamalpur's Sarishabari must be fulfilled on the victory month.
Besides, a modern Sarishabari Railway Station is being constructed at a cost of about Tk 3 crore. The State Minister for Information also confirmed that the station, named after Advocate Matiur Rahman, will be upgraded to the second class.
Earlier, Railway Minister Nurul Islam Sujan on October 2, while addressing the chief guest at a public rally organized by the Sarisabari Awami League, announced that two intercity trains on North Bengal route will be launched in December.
At the rally, he also promised to upgrade the Sarisabari dilapidated railway station to Model Station, to build overbridge Construction and to upgrade Advocate Matiur Rahman Talukder Railway Station to the second class.
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- 2 detained over rape attempt in Mermaid Resort
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- Allama Azhar Ali Anwar Shah dies
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- Wedding of garments owners’ daughter today
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Bijoy Mela begins in Ctg
- Feni govt college ridden in trouble