Baby drowned in Meghna
Published: 20:46 11 September 2019
A baby has drowned in the Meghna River at Araihazar in Narayanganj.
The incident took place on Wednesday noon in the Tatuakanda area of the upazila. The deceased has been identified as Saima the daughter of Akhtar Hossain, a Malaysian expatriate hailed from Jangalia of Rampurpara in the upazila.
Naziruddin Bhuiyan, chairman of Ucitpur UP, said, “Two days ago Saima went to a visit of Tatuakanda, her maternal uncle’s house, with her family. She was to sink while bathing in the Meghna River on Wednesday. Later, she was rescued and taken to the Upazila Health Complex where the doctor declared death.
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Those who stood, mainly blocked our way: Rifat’s wife
- Refat laid to rest
- Four people held over Rifat killing
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 1 held over brutal murder of Barguna man
- Rifat Murder
Second prime accused Rifat Farazi held
- Intimate scene of multiple women with Nayan Bond leaked!
- 3 in remand over Rifat murder case
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Rifat’s body on way to Barguna
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement