BUP Film Fest ‘19 Signed off
Published: 17:03 25 September 2019 Updated: 17:05 25 September 2019
The closing ceremony of ‘BUP Film Fest-2019’ held on Tuesday at Bijoy Auditorium of Bangladesh University of Professionals. BUP Film Club (BUPFC) has organized this film festival for the very first time in the university.
More than two hundred students from 30 educational institutions from all over Bangladesh participated in this two-day film festival. Country's popular online portal ‘DailyBangladesh’ was the official online media partner of the program.
Honorable Railway Minister, Md. Nurul Islam Sujon, MP was present as the Chief Guest in the ceremony. Vice Chancellor of BUP, Major General Md Emdad-Ul-Bari was the Special Guest and the Dean of the Faculty of Security and Strategic Studies, Brig Gen Md Siddiqul Alam Sikder was the moderator of the Event.
The formal session of the program started at 05:00 pm with reciting the Holy Quran.
In his speech, Minister Md. Nurul Islam Sujon said, film and mass communication can represent our history. “The history of the liberation war should be highlighted to the new generation through the film,” the minster added also.
A cosplay participant
There will be different types of segments for the participants in the festival including- Short Film Contest, Film Poster Making, Cine Quiz, Cine Debate, Cosplay, etc.
After the ceremony Minister Md. Nurul Islam Sujon handed over the prizes to the winners in different segments.
After the formal session a concert by Backstage was held.
Before that, on first event day, Fagun Haway directed by Tauquir Ahmed and on the second day, Hasina: A Daughter’s Tale were screened at Bijoy Auditorium.
Some selected Short films, from the nominated films of the short film contest were also screened both days.
There were two different workshops— on the first day renowned Film Director Amitabh Reza Chowdhury and on the second day by Cinematographer Pankaj Palit. They shared their lifetime experiences in their field and expressed the guideline for the enthusiasts.
Xahid Hasan the President of the club said, “BUP Film Club is a very new club. We started our journey in April of this year under the supervision of the Department of Mass Communication and Journalism of BUP. We are really very proud and happy to make our first signature event successful”.
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- CONTRAST 3.0 to kick off tomorrow
- Closing day of 4 day-long photography exhibition by BUPPS
CONTRAST 3.0 signing off tomorrow
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Buet’s Abrar in annual exam: Students cried again
- HSC exam form filling date extended
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Graduates gather at RU amid fanfare
- ‘Flower Festival 2020’ at BUP Feb 2
- Question leakage and admission fraud
DU expels 63 students for life
- US offer Bangladeshi students to study at American school