BUET students unlocked VC office
Published: 23:55 8 October 2019
The agitating students of Bangladesh Engineering University (BUET) have unlocked the office of VC Professor Saiful Islam after keeping blocked for about four hours over the killing incident of a student named Abrar Fahad.
The protestors said that the next program would be called at 10am on Wednesday. At the same time, they said the decision to boycott the class test was in place.
VC spoke with the students around 6pm on Tuesday. At that time, the VC said that they are agreed with students’ demands. "We accept all the demands in ethically," he said.
VC said, "I have been in contact with the minister all day, having meetings. If not, how can the claims be resolved? And everything is not in my hands. I agree with your claim. Finding ways to solve arising problems.
Earlier, second-year student Abrar Fahad was brutally beaten and killed at Sher-e-Bangla Hall in BUET on Sunday night. BUET students started protesting on Monday demanding justice for the murder. The movement gained new levels on Tuesday. They submitted a seven-point claim.
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UGC alerts on admission to private university
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PEC exam schedule published
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- HSC’s exam routine for 2020 published
- BUP Film Fest ‘19 Signed off
- NU online admission starts Sep 1
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Abrar murder: BUET students place 8-point demand
- Unrest in BUET over Abrar murder
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Medical admission test on Oct 4