BSTI holds public-hearing
Published: 20:27 14 January 2020
The Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institution (BSTI) has organized a mass meeting with stakeholders to make the service more public-friendly and easy.
Director of BSTI (administration) Taher Jamil presided over the mass hearing held at BSTI headquarters in the capital’s Tejgaon on Tuesday while BSTI (Metrology) Md. Anwar Hossain Mollah, Director (CM) Md. Sajjadul Bari including senior official.
Representatives from various business and service organizations, including Unilever Bangladesh Limited, Nestlé Bangladesh Limited, Johnson & Johnson, Transcom & Beverage Limited, Omega Exim Limited, Danish Foods Limited, RFL Group, Lalmai Group, were present at the public hearing.
Speakers at the meeting said that according to the Citizen Charter, the services of BSTI are being provided at a faster time than in the past. However, they requested the BSTI to take measures on how to provide less service in the case of imported products.
- DITF duration extended
- DITF-2020 begins on Wednesday
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Bangladesh to outshine Malaysia, Singapore by 2024
- Mustafa Kamal named world’s best Finance Minister
- ‘Income Tax Fair’ kicks off tomorrow
- Armed Forces Income Tax Fair begins
- Onion cargo flight arrives at Shahjalal airport
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- Engr Sayeed Ahmed made PDB new chairman
- Bangla Bond debuts on London Stock Exchange
- Toyota to recall 1,380 defective cars in China
- Onions’ 1st shipment arrive Tuesday by cargo planes
- Ecnec okays 7 projects worth Tk 11,042 cr
- Uniform made compulsory for all Customs and VAT officials