BPL inaugural ceremony kicks off
Published: 19:36 8 December 2019 Updated: 19:44 8 December 2019
The inaugural ceremony of the Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League (BBPL) has kicked-off. This year's special event is being organized to mark the birth centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. The inaugural event is being held in BPL after three seasons.
The opening ceremony of the BBPL began at 5:30 pm. The event is sponsored by Bashundhara Group. The duration of the BPL Opening Ceremony will be 5 and a half hours. It will end at 10:30pm.
In the meantime, formality started with the song of Maidul Islam. Then, Reshmi Mirza, James and Mamtaz will perform. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will arrive at Mirpur Sheir-e-Bangla National Stadium to inaugurate the ceremony at 7:20 pm.
The fireworks will then run for seven to ten minutes. Sonu Nigam will perform at 7:45pm, Laser Beam Show at 8:35pm, Kailash Kher at 8:55pm, Katrina Kaif at 9:35pm, Salman Khan at 10pm, Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif at 10:20pm.
The LED screen will also reflect the image of Mujib centenary. At this time some short films made on Bangabandhu will be shown.
Prior to this, there was no opening ceremony in the fourth edition of BPL due to shortage of time. The fifth event was canceled due to floods across the country. The entire money allocated for the inauguration is donated to flood victims.
Keeping in mind the security for the 11th parliamentary elections, no opening ceremony was held in the last edition of BPL.
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Fizz wishes Warner for hitting ton on birthday
- Shakib banned for 2 yrs
- Rajshahi Royals rope Andre Russell
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- China`s state TV pulls live Arsenal game
- Sexual harassment case against Tennis Federation GS
- ‘Bangabandhu Gold Cup 2020’ to be held at BNS
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Sourav Ganguly elected president of India’s cricket board
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Why will ICC ban Shakib?
- Did Shakib get death threat from gambler Agarwal?