BNP`s protest over electricity is ridiculous: Abdus Sabur
Published: 20:18 29 July 2022 Updated: 21:14 29 July 2022
Awami League’s Science and Technology Affairs Secretary Engineer Md. Abdus Sabur spoke at the fifth annual paper meet of the civil engineering division of the Institution of Engineers (IEB) in the capital on Friday- Photo: Collected
Awami League’s Science and Technology Affairs Secretary Engineer Md. Abdus Sabur said that BNP's protest for electricity is ridiculous. This protest of BNP without any issue is the best joke of the year.
Md. Abdus Sabur said these at the fifth annual paper meet of the civil engineering division of the Institution of Engineers (IEB) in the capital on Friday.
He said, “During the BNP era, the country was crying for electricity and fuel. People of the country took to the streets for electricity and many people were shot dead by the BNP-Jamaat coalition government. From that situation, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has made 100% electrification in the country.
Abdus Sabur said that there is no shortage of electricity and fuel in the country. The government has adopted only cost-saving policies. So that there is no crisis in the future. When BNP left power, it left 1600 MW of electricity. From that place, 25,000-megawatt power generation capacity has been created in the country today. Hundreds of people in the country are enjoying electricity facilities.
Awami League’s science and technology affairs secretary said that Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s son and information technology advisor Sajeeb Wazed Joy’s right direction will lead the whole world in the future. In the meantime, Bangladesh is ahead of many developed countries in the fourth industrial revolution.
Dr. Engineer Munaz Ahmed Noor President of the Civil Engineering Division of IEB presided over the event and the event was conducted by Division Editor Engineer Amit Kumar Chakraborty.
Secretary of Ministry of Housing and Public Works Shahid Ulla Khandkar, IEB President Nurul Huda, BUET Vice-Chancellor Professor Dr. Engineer Satya Prasad Majumder, and others also attended the event.
- BNP leaders cherish Pakistan in their hearts: Hasan
- Joint meeting of AL nomination board on Saturday
- Ripon gets boat symbol in Gaibandha-5 by polls
- Awami League candidates in 60 Zilla Parishads
- Many BNP leaders want to join AL: Obaidul Quader
- Gas connection cut off at Gayeshwar’s house over arrear bills
- India has given everything needs in present reality: Quader
- AL asks nomination-seekers to collect, submit forms
- BNP is playing evil game: Quader
- We won`t bow down to murderers: Bahauddin Nasim
- AL to hold nationwide demo protesting series bomb attack
- BNP wants to create conflict situation in country: Maya
- India gives all that we asked for: Quader
- AL not afraid of BNP`s movement threat: Quader
- Awami League’s root is deep in soil, countrymen: Quader