BNP’s Rumeen Farhana takes oath
Published: 14:20 9 June 2019 Updated: 17:03 9 June 2019
BNP's reserved seat MP-elect Barrister Rumeen Farhana took oath as a member of the 11th Parliament today.
Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury administered the swearing-in at the Jatiya Sangsad Bhaban.
Parliament Secretariat's Senior Secretary Dr Zafar Ahmed Khan conducted the oath-taking ceremony.
Fifty seats, reserved for women, are distributed among political parties in proportion to their number of MPs in Parliament.
BNP, which has five MPs in the House, got one reserved seat and picked Rumeen, its assistant international affairs secretary and daughter of Language Movement hero Oli Ahad.
She filed her nomination on May 20 and the Election Commission declared her elected from the reserved seat on May 28.
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- GM Quader reinstated as JP Co-chair
- `BNP should strengthen legal procedures for Khaleda’s parole`
- AL picks Titu for Mymensingh mayor
- AL, CPC ink MoU on boosting coop
- Govt to bring Tarique back for sake of law: Hasan
- GM Quader reinstated stuck again
- Miscreants kill Bogura BNP leader
- BNP to stage hunger strike Sunday seeking Khaleda’s release
- Ershad’s 90th Birthday celebrated
- Obaidul Quader almost cured
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- Khaleda Zia at BSMMU for treatment
- BNP leaders resigning due to failure: Hanif
- No longer acting:
GM Quader full chairman now