BNP’s Rumeen Farhana takes oath
Published: 14:20 9 June 2019 Updated: 17:03 9 June 2019
BNP's reserved seat MP-elect Barrister Rumeen Farhana took oath as a member of the 11th Parliament today.
Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury administered the swearing-in at the Jatiya Sangsad Bhaban.
Parliament Secretariat's Senior Secretary Dr Zafar Ahmed Khan conducted the oath-taking ceremony.
Fifty seats, reserved for women, are distributed among political parties in proportion to their number of MPs in Parliament.
BNP, which has five MPs in the House, got one reserved seat and picked Rumeen, its assistant international affairs secretary and daughter of Language Movement hero Oli Ahad.
She filed her nomination on May 20 and the Election Commission declared her elected from the reserved seat on May 28.
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- JaPa chairman Ershad in life support
- Ailing Ershad on oxygen support: doctors
- Ershad’s condition too critical to send abroad: GM Kader
- AL observes 70th founding anniversary
- Ershad`s physical condition remains unchanged
- ASM Abdur Rab hospitalized
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- Death news rumored, Ershad is alive: GM Quader
- ‘Condolence Book’ in memory Ershad
- Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
- Quader visit ailing Ershad at CMH
- Kader Siddiqui quits Oikyafront