BNP’s MP Harun-Ur Rashid jailed for 5-yrs
Published: 15:38 21 October 2019 Updated: 18:24 21 October 2019
BNP’s MP Harun-Ur Rashid
BNP’s MP Harun-Ur Rashid has been sentenced to five years in jail in the case of selling duty-free cars. Besides, he was fined Tk 50 lakh and also sentenced to a further 6 months jail.
On Monday, Lawyer Sheikh Nazmul Alam of Dhaka’s Special Judge Court-4 gave the verdict. During this, Harun-Ur Rashid appeared in court. After the verdict, he was sent to jail with a warrant.
The court declared the verdict after hearing the case filed by the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC).
In the same case, Channel-9 MD Enayetur Rahman Bappi has sentenced to two years rigorous imprisonment and a fine of Tk 1 lakh with a further two months jail.
Besides, the absconding accused Ishtiaq Sadeq has been sentenced to three years of rigorous imprisonment and a fine of Tk 40 lakh with a further two months jail.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Rifat murder: Hearing on Minni’s bail plea today
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- ACC summons Mahi and his wife
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- Samrat lands in jail!