BNP turns a blind eye: Quader
Published: 16:10 10 September 2019
BNP did not construct Highway and so they do not have any idea about their maintenance, said Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, adding that they (BNP) give a blind eye despite knowing the practices in different countries of the world.
Quader, also Awami League general secretary, came up with the remarks while talking to reporters after visiting Dhaka-Mymensingh Highway's Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project in Tongi Upazila of Gazipur on Tuesday morning.
Recently at a meeting of the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec), Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina instructed the authorities concerned to collect toll from long-haul vehicles plying the national highways. BNP criticised the decision.
About BNP’s criticism over the government decision to collect toll from vehicles which ply highways, Quader said the renovation of roads is required for their maintenance and those who use the roads and highways have some responsibilities.
Meanwhile, the Awami League general secretary welcomed BNP for its decision to take part in the Ranpur by-election saying it is a very positive move in politics.
“Hope, this election will be a competitive one, and the government will provide all necessary support so that it can be held in a free and fair manner,” he said.
Gazipur City Corporation Mayor Md Jahangir Alam, Deputy Commissioner SM Tariqul Islam and Police Commissioner Anwar Hossain were also present.
The by-election to the Rangpur-3 seat, which fell vacant following the death of Jatiya Party Chairman HM Ershad, will be held on October 5.
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- JaPa chairman Ershad in life support
- Ailing Ershad on oxygen support: doctors
- Ershad’s condition too critical to send abroad: GM Kader
- AL observes 70th founding anniversary
- ASM Abdur Rab hospitalized
- Ershad`s physical condition remains unchanged
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- Death news rumored, Ershad is alive: GM Quader
- Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
- ‘Condolence Book’ in memory Ershad
- Quader visit ailing Ershad at CMH
- Kader Siddiqui quits Oikyafront