BNP to contest to Fakhrul`s seat
Published: 17:08 14 May 2019 Updated: 19:55 14 May 2019
BNP's secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir did not take oath in time from Bogura-6 constituency, so this seat remained vacant. The party decided to contest in this constituency in the upcoming by-polls.
After the BNP-led alliance meeting on Monday night, the party's secretary general said they will be nominated for the only reserved women seat.
BNP's alliance National Peoples Party's (NPP) chairman Fariduzzaman Farhad said on Tuesday that BNP secretary-general has informed leaders of the alliance in the meeting about the party's decision to give candidate in by-election and reserved seat to avoid misunderstandings.
BNP-led alliance meeting was held at Chairperson's Gulshan office in the chairmanship of Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir.
However, it is not known who will be nominated for Bogra-6 by-election and the reserved women seat.
BNP won six seats in the eleventh parliamentary elections on December 30. The ruling Awami League got 96 percent seats in the 300 parliament seats.
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- AL to observe historic 7th March
- Bogura AL President Momtaz Uddin dies
- Barrister Razzaq resigns from Jamaat
- DNCC by-polls
5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- ‘None can lead country from controversial position’
- AL reveals 2nd phase UZ polls candidates name
- AL candidates in 3rd phase of UZ polls announced
- BNP chalks out 2-day programme to mark Feb 21
- Syeda Zakia elected MP unopposed
- GM Quader reinstated as JP Co-chair
- Gono Forum to JS
Mansur, Mokabbir`s oath by Mar 15
- Ershad on 4-day visit to Rangpur