BNP to contest to Fakhrul`s seat
Published: 17:08 14 May 2019 Updated: 19:55 14 May 2019
BNP's secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir did not take oath in time from Bogura-6 constituency, so this seat remained vacant. The party decided to contest in this constituency in the upcoming by-polls.
After the BNP-led alliance meeting on Monday night, the party's secretary general said they will be nominated for the only reserved women seat.
BNP's alliance National Peoples Party's (NPP) chairman Fariduzzaman Farhad said on Tuesday that BNP secretary-general has informed leaders of the alliance in the meeting about the party's decision to give candidate in by-election and reserved seat to avoid misunderstandings.
BNP-led alliance meeting was held at Chairperson's Gulshan office in the chairmanship of Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir.
However, it is not known who will be nominated for Bogra-6 by-election and the reserved women seat.
BNP won six seats in the eleventh parliamentary elections on December 30. The ruling Awami League got 96 percent seats in the 300 parliament seats.
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Miscreants kill Bogura BNP leader
- Obaidul Quader almost cured
- Ershad condemns blasts in Sri Lanka
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- 4 BNP MPs-elect in Parliament for oath
- BNP tried to distort history: Hanif
- Jamaat has no right of politics: Hanif
- JP’s chairmanship will be at Rangpur: GM Quader
- Country’s 99 pc workers deprived of rights: GM Quader
- Hasina calls for strengthening Awami League at grassroots
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- Four BNP MPs-elect take oath