BNP now futile in politics: Hasan
Published: 16:46 15 May 2019
Replying to the BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir's comments that, 'the government has been frustrated' - Information Minister Hasan Mahmud said, BNP "has become ineffective."
Indian High Commissioner Ravicha Ganguly called on the Information Minister in a courtesy meeting at the Secretariat on Wednesday. After the meeting, the information minister told this.
Responding to a query, about the transfer of Khaleda Zia from the old prison to a new jail in Keraniganj, the minister said, while keeping the old central jail, BNP was repeatedly saying that Khaleda Zia was kept in a damp environment in the old building. Although the building that was newly was upgraded, all the facilities were provided. Yet the BNP was told that she was kept in solitary confinement in an old building.
He said that, new and modern buildings have been constructed in the Keraniganj jail. There are all the facilities there. Once, they said that Khaleda Zia had been kept in the old building, now she will be taken to the new building. So BNP is about to be happy.
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- Miscreants kill Bogura BNP leader
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Obaidul Quader almost cured
- Ershad condemns blasts in Sri Lanka
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- 4 BNP MPs-elect in Parliament for oath
- BNP tried to distort history: Hanif
- Jamaat has no right of politics: Hanif
- JP’s chairmanship will be at Rangpur: GM Quader
- Country’s 99 pc workers deprived of rights: GM Quader
- Hasina calls for strengthening Awami League at grassroots
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- Four BNP MPs-elect take oath