BNP now futile in politics: Hasan
Published: 16:46 15 May 2019
Replying to the BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir's comments that, 'the government has been frustrated' - Information Minister Hasan Mahmud said, BNP "has become ineffective."
Indian High Commissioner Ravicha Ganguly called on the Information Minister in a courtesy meeting at the Secretariat on Wednesday. After the meeting, the information minister told this.
Responding to a query, about the transfer of Khaleda Zia from the old prison to a new jail in Keraniganj, the minister said, while keeping the old central jail, BNP was repeatedly saying that Khaleda Zia was kept in a damp environment in the old building. Although the building that was newly was upgraded, all the facilities were provided. Yet the BNP was told that she was kept in solitary confinement in an old building.
He said that, new and modern buildings have been constructed in the Keraniganj jail. There are all the facilities there. Once, they said that Khaleda Zia had been kept in the old building, now she will be taken to the new building. So BNP is about to be happy.
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- AL to observe historic 7th March
- Bogura AL President Momtaz Uddin dies
- Barrister Razzaq resigns from Jamaat
- DNCC by-polls
5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- ‘None can lead country from controversial position’
- AL reveals 2nd phase UZ polls candidates name
- AL candidates in 3rd phase of UZ polls announced
- BNP chalks out 2-day programme to mark Feb 21
- Syeda Zakia elected MP unopposed
- GM Quader reinstated as JP Co-chair
- Gono Forum to JS
Mansur, Mokabbir`s oath by Mar 15
- Ershad on 4-day visit to Rangpur