BIWTA halts river vessels operation
Published: 22:08 8 November 2019 Updated: 22:09 8 November 2019
Bangladesh Inland Water Transport Authority (BIWTA) has suspended operations of all types of river vessels over the country due to the cyclone ‘Bulbul’.
BIWTA issued a notice in this regard on Friday night.
Earlier in the evening, Mongla and Payra ports have been asked by the Meteorological Department to hoist danger signal number 7. Besides, Chattogram port has been asked to show danger signal number 6 and Cox’s Bazar to signal number 4 as before.
- Cyclone “Bulbul”
Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- US Bangla Cabin crew held with 10kg gold
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today
- Sharmin reveals about Samrat’s Chinese girlfriend
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Asian Rising & Promising Star Arik Morshed
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Myanmar falsified Bangladesh FM’s speech
- Cyclone ‘Kiar’ approaching, winter may arrive in Oct
- Soroj Mehedi new director of Cyber Security Institute
- Dr Arif, the top young scientists in Japan
- Bengali calendar changes