‘BCL never tolerates terrorist activity’
Published: 15:16 9 October 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Acting President of Bangladesh Chhatra League Al Nahian Khan Joy has said that the Chhatra League never tolerates any kind of terrorist activity.
“Using the identity of the organization, the BCL will not tolerate any enthusiastic activities in the future,” he said in a written statement at a press conference at Dhaka University’s Madhur Canteen at 11:00 am on Wednesday.
“We have taken immediate organizational steps as there were allegations of involvement of some activists of BUET Chhatra League in the murder of Abrar Fahad,” Joy said. “Those involved have been expelled.”
During this, Lekhak Bhattacharya, acting general secretary, said: “I thank the law and order team for arresting 13 of the 19 people involved in the murder.”
Earlier on Monday, 11 activists were permanently expelled for their alleged involvement in the incident, according to information from the Bangladesh Chhatra League’s probe committee, he also said.
At the same time, I urged those who were involved in the murder but out of deposition will be brought under the law quickly. In this case, the BCL will provide all kinds of cooperation, acting general secretary of BCL added.
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UGC alerts on admission to private university
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PEC exam schedule published
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- HSC’s exam routine for 2020 published
- BUP Film Fest ‘19 Signed off
- NU online admission starts Sep 1
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Abrar murder: BUET students place 8-point demand
- Unrest in BUET over Abrar murder
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Medical admission test on Oct 4