BCB to appoint new head coach within two days
Published: 21:41 14 August 2019
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is all set to appoint the new head coach which has remained vacant after the departure of Steve Rhodes following the World Cup campaign on July.
The BCB officials conducted a teleconference with few of the probable candidates today.
“Even today we have talked over phone with few of the probable candidates for the head coach post. We are confident that we will be able to disclose the name of the new head coach within the next one or two days,” said BCB’s media committee chairman Jalal Younus.
BCB was keen to rope in the former Kiwi coach Mike Hesson but according to the sources, there are very slim chances for the 44-year-old to arrive in Bangladesh.
Jalal was not willing to make any comment over Hesson’s current state but he did say that the board is considering a strong vision and passion along with the financial aspect in recruiting the new head coach.
Former South African coach Russell Domingo already gave an interview with the BCB earlier this month where the board officials were satisfied over his plan and vision during the presentation.
- Shakib removes dangerous Pant
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Copa América
Argentina faces Venezuela in Quarter Final tonight
- Bangladesh`s World Cup mission starts
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Offical theme song of ICC World Cup 2019 released
- Bangladesh will play in semi-final: Akash Chopra
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- Mahmudullah the silent killer!
- Asia’s Bengal Tigers begin with victory
- Taylor, Williamson lead NZ to beat India
- Caribbean came to end defeated to India by 125 runs
- Argentina and Qatar set for crucial Copa America match
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held