BB increases remit limit of IT firms
Published: 20:44 13 January 2020
Bangladesh Bank (BB) has increased the remit limit for Information Technology (IT) or Software firms to US$40,000 from existing $30,000 in a calendar year.
“Authorized Dealers (ADs) are allowed to remit up to $30,000, with international card facility within the limit, on behalf of IT or Software firms, who are members of BASIS, for payments abroad to meet their bonafide business expenses in a calendar year. It has been decided to enhance the limit to $40,000 in a calendar year from $30, 000,” said a BB circular issued here today.
Within the limit of $40,000, the circular said, international cards may be issuable for $8,000 instead of $6,000 which may be refilled subject to availability of the limit and observance of specified formalities.
This is to clarify that the yearly entitlement will be usable by IT or software firms for meeting bonafide current needs but without limiting to digital marketing expenses.
- DITF duration extended
- DITF-2020 begins on Wednesday
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Bangladesh to outshine Malaysia, Singapore by 2024
- Mustafa Kamal named world’s best Finance Minister
- ‘Income Tax Fair’ kicks off tomorrow
- Armed Forces Income Tax Fair begins
- Onion cargo flight arrives at Shahjalal airport
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- Engr Sayeed Ahmed made PDB new chairman
- Bangla Bond debuts on London Stock Exchange
- Toyota to recall 1,380 defective cars in China
- Onions’ 1st shipment arrive Tuesday by cargo planes
- Ecnec okays 7 projects worth Tk 11,042 cr
- Uniform made compulsory for all Customs and VAT officials