BB allows opening deposit accounts for NRBs
Published: 23:16 9 August 2020
Bangladesh Bank (BB) has asked scheduled banks to open deposit accounts for non-resident Bangladeshis (NRBs) to encourage them, who are working abroad, in saving their hard-earned money in Bangladesh.
“The deposit accounts in the name of NRBs may be opened in the form of savings for a period of one year and above. The accounts may also be opened without initial installment for the persons proceeding abroad for employment,” as per a BB circular issued today.
Besides, the deposit accounts will be credited in the local currency–Bangladesh Taka (BDT) – after the conversion of foreign currency properly, it added.
- WB approves $500m for Bangladesh road connectivity development
- Bourses maintain gaining streak
- Online shopping fraud on rise
- New monetary policy announced setting 14.8 percent debt growth
- Stocks rebound on both bourses
- BEZA approved setting up 10 more Economic Zones
- 20 pc discount on air ticket by bKash payment
- New gas connections in residentials to be pre-paid
- End of suffering for pension money
- DSE records lowest transaction in 13 yrs today
- Bangladesh to produce own brand motor vehicles: Humayun
- Broiler chicken prices fall Tk 10 per kg
- ‘BB giving Tk 4,000 Eid bonus in bKash’ a rumor
- BB to probe transactions, e-commerce activities of evaly
- WB approves $1.05 bn to address economic damages