Australia thrashes Pakistan by 10 wickets
Published: 19:00 8 November 2019
Australia beat Pakistan by 10 wickets in the third and final T20 match of the three-match series.
It is the first time Australia has completed an undefeated calendar year of T20, winning all seven matches (1 no result) this season. Their last loss was against India in November 2018.
Australia won the toss and chose to bowl first on a bouncy pitch. They restricted Pakistan in just 106/8 in 20 overs. Iftikhar Ahmed, the top-scorer of Pakistan innings scored 45 in 37 balls, while Imam made 14 runs and these two were the only batsmen to go past the score of 10.
Kane Richardson picked 3/18, Sean Abbott picked 2/14 and Mitchell Starc took 2/29, while Ashton Agar picked one solitary wicket.
In reply, Aaron Finch’s unbeaten 52 with 4 fours and 3 sixes and David Warner’s unbeaten 48 with 4 fours and 2 sixes demolished the Pakistan bowling lineup. Both the openers hammered the bowlers all around the Perth stadium and raced off to a 10 wicket win with 49 balls in hand and pocketed the series 2-0.
Sean Abbott was named Player of the Match and Steve Smith named Player of the Series.
- Bangladesh U-19s sarts Asia Cup with win
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Sourav Ganguly elected president of India’s cricket board
- Happy Birthday Mashrafe !
- Shakib banned for 2 yrs
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- Tigers reach Ctg to play Test against Afghans
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Messi wins record 6th ‘The Best FIFA Men’s Player’
- ICC Women’s T20 WCQ
Tigresses crowns unbeaten champions
- Zahir Khan takes 5-wicket over BCB XI