At least 2 killed in Germany gun attack
Published: 18:18 9 October 2019 Updated: 18:19 9 October 2019
Police secures the area after a shooting in the eastern German city of Halle; Photo: Collected
At least two people have been killed in a shooting in the eastern German city of Halle, police say. — reports BBC.
The police said one person had now been arrested but other perpetrators may still be in a vehicle on the run.
The shootings took place in the Paulus area. Witnesses had reported one gunman wearing military camouflage and carrying several weapons.
The Bild newspaper said the attack took place near a synagogue but this has not been officially confirmed.
One witness said one attacker had thrown a petrol bomb or grenade over a cemetery wall.
After the attack in Paulus, police then warned residents of Landsberg, 8km (5 miles) north-east of the city, to stay alert.
It was not clear where the arrest took place. Police are still warning residents to remain in their homes.
- Gibraltar frees seized Iran oil tanker
- `Kashmiri Girl` on top position
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Saudi man accidentally buys 2 Airbus for sons birthday
- 4 of a Bangladeshi family found dead in Canada
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Princess Diana ‘alive’!
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- Putin warned before 9/11 Twin-Tower attack
- Pakistan’s first female astronaut welcomed ISRO
- More than 100 bodies found floating in Libya coast
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- NZ mosque attack accused drops bid to move trial
- Article 370: What is happening with Kashmiris?