Arrest warrant issued against Dr Yunus
Published: 19:01 9 October 2019 Updated: 19:57 9 October 2019
An arrest warrant has been awarded against Nobel laureate economist Dr. Yunus in three cases of deprived employees of Grameen Communications. Labor court has issued the arrest warrants against Dr. Yunus.
Rahibul Islam, chairman of the Third Labor Court of Dhaka, passed the arrest warrant on Wednesday. Dr. Yunus was asked to appear before the court but he did not come.
On his behalf of Dr. Yunus, his lawyer Raju Ahmed told the court, that he (Yunus) is a respected person. He is now in abroad for business deed. He will appear before the court after coming home. Although he did not give me the power while he was abroad, I request you not to issue an arrest warrant against him.
The plaintiff of the case, Abdus Salam, general secretary of the Grameen Communications Workers' Union said that we filed the case as we deprived of the job. He was not present in the court today as the court issued an arrest warrant against him.
On the other hand, Managing Director of the organization Nazneen Sultana and Deputy General Manager Khandaker Abu Abedin surrendered and the court granted the bail. Nuruzzaman confirmed the matter to the court.
Earlier on July 3, three former Grameen Communications employers filed the case against Dr. Mohammad Yunus and two others at Labor Court in Dhaka. The court issued the summons for their appearance on October 8.
- Rifat murder
Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Renu murder: mastermind Hridoy on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Train crash in Sirajganj
Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- Only President, Prime Minister are VIPs; states HC
- Rifat murder: Hearing on Minni’s bail plea today
- 2 sedition cases filed against Priya Saha
- ACC summons Mahi and his wife
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- HC refuses to interfere on Minni`s remand order
- Khaleda’s bail hearing in Charitable Trust case Tuesday
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Renu Murder: Writ seeks Tk 5cr compensation