Army Chief inaugurates terracotta with portrait of Bangabandhu
Published: 16:16 14 August 2019
Chief of Army Staff General Aziz Ahmed has inaugurated a terracotta ‘Itihas Amar Ohongkar’ featuring a portrait of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
He inaugurated the terracotta with a portrait of Bangabandhu built on the wall on the southeast side of the golf garden at Army Golf Club on Wednesday morning.
During this, senior military officers of Bangladesh Army and honored members of the golf club were present.
Terracotta ‘Itihas Amar Ohongkar’— a portrait of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the greatest Bengali of all time, an allegory of Independent Bangladesh and a leader of the Independence Movement — highlights the history of the emergence of Bangladesh, the Language Movement, 6 points Movement of Bangabandhu, the historic 7 March Speech of Bangabandhu, the images of Liberation War. Sculptor Mrinal Haque constructed the art on the walls of the Army Golf Club.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Eid Jamaat timetable in Dhaka
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- General Aziz Ahmed - A Dedicated Golfer Army Chief
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Sayma rape-murder: Main accused arrested
- Subcontinent’s biggest Eid Jamaat observed in Dinajpur
- Interpol issues red notice to ex colonel Shahid Uddin Khan
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Adventurous operation BEKPA-2 (Episode-1) under Captain Touquir
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)