Armed Forces Income Tax Fair begins
Published: 11:40 26 November 2019 Updated: 12:12 26 November 2019
Md Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan, chairman of NBR and Senior Secretary of the Internal Resources Division, inaugurated ‘Armed Forces Income Tax Fair 2019’ at Senakunja in Dhaka Cantonment; Photo: Daily Bangladesh
A two-day ‘Armed Forces Income Tax Fair 2019’ began on Tuesday at Senakunja in Dhaka Cantonment aiming to build a better tax revenue culture.
In the inauguration of the income tax fair under the joint management of the Armed Forces Division and Tax Zone-9 Dhaka, Md Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan, chairman of NBR and Senior Secretary of the Internal Resources Division, was present as the chief guest.
Rear Admiral M Lokmanur Rahman, Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Logistics) was present as a special guest.
Md. Mahmudur Rahman, tax commissioner of Tax Zone-9 Dhaka presided over the function.
The payment of income tax has special significance. At present, non-commissioned officers also get good wages, said Md Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan urging the authorities to encourage them to pay income tax as well.
This fair is for the members of the Armed Forces to pay taxes without hassle, he also said.
Expressing opinion, the NBR chairman said, “The tax-GDP ratio should be increased for the development of the country.”
“Paying taxes is easy now. People understand the need to pay taxes. The people of the country are now aware. In this continuation, the Armed Forces Income Tax Fair is being held,” said Lokmanur Rahman thanking the Armed Forces Division and the NBR to organize such event.
- DITF duration extended
- DITF-2020 begins on Wednesday
- Tk 200 note to hit market soon
- Bangladesh to outshine Malaysia, Singapore by 2024
- Mustafa Kamal named world’s best Finance Minister
- ‘Income Tax Fair’ kicks off tomorrow
- Armed Forces Income Tax Fair begins
- Onion cargo flight arrives at Shahjalal airport
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- Engr Sayeed Ahmed made PDB new chairman
- Bangla Bond debuts on London Stock Exchange
- Toyota to recall 1,380 defective cars in China
- Onions’ 1st shipment arrive Tuesday by cargo planes
- Ecnec okays 7 projects worth Tk 11,042 cr
- Uniform made compulsory for all Customs and VAT officials