Armanitola fire death toll soars 4
Published: 15:43 23 April 2021
Fire service personnel recovered another two bodies from the fifth floor of Haji Musa Mansion around 12:15 pm on Friday; Photo: Collected
Two more bodies have been recovered from the fifth floor of Haji Musa Mansion in the capital’s Armanitola. With this, the death toll from the fire – that broke out on Friday morning at chemical storage – increased to four.
The fire service personnel recovered the bodies at around 11:45 pm on Friday. One of them is about 60 years old, worked as a security guard in the building. Another was not identified.
The fire broke out in a six-storey building called Haji Musa Mansion around 3:15 am on Thursday. After attempting for about three hours, 19 units of the fire service brought the fire under control.
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Circular with 11 directives on seven-day lockdown
- 12th session of 11th parliament begins
- Temperature likely to rise
- Bir Freedom Fighters’ draft list published
- Awami League MP Aslam dies
- Ex Bangladesh Bank deputy governor Ibrahim Khaled dies
- 21 named for Ekushey Padak 2021
- Seminar on MHM of adolescent girls with disabilities
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Mitali Express for Jalpaiguri on Monday, Thursday
- Indian PM thanks Foreign Minister
- Third day`s program going on at parade ground