App launches to prevent dengue
Published: 20:45 17 August 2019
The 'Stop Dengue' mobile app has been launched to help prevent dengue. Using this app the automatic identification of breeding place of Aedes mosquito and to take measure will be possible. The app has launched on Saturday morning in a program titled ‘Clean Bangladesh’ at National Scout Building in capital's Kakrail.
The app has launched by signing an MoU among nine organizations including three ministries, two city corporations of Dhaka and a2i (Access to Information). Under the overall supervision of the e-CAB; E-post and BD-Youth provided the technical supports to make this app.
“By using the ‘Stop Dengue’ app, anyone can identify the breeding place of mosquito anywhere of the country,” said Mohammad Abdul Wahed Tomal, General Secretary of e-CAB, regarding the use and functionality of the app.
This will create a mapping of mosquito breeding places everywhere in the country. Through this City Corporation and the local government can easily determine how many people should be recruited in a certain area compared with the density of mosquito breeding area.
“By the app, it will also be known- the required amount of medicine to prevent mosquito. Besides we can be alerts and take necessary steps for the future based on the previous year,” he said.
During this, Mayor of Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) Atiqul Islam said, “A team of ten members will be formed in every ward to prevent dengue. Continuous raids will be enforced to prevent dengue.”
Minister of Local Government And Rural Development Md Tazul Islam was present as the chief guest. Dhaka North City Corporation Mayor Atiqul Islam, Disaster Management and Relief Minister Dr. Enamur Rahman, Commissioner of Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) and Chief National Commissioner of Bangladesh Scouts Dr. Md Mozammel Haque Khan were present as the special guest in the program.
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Solar eclipse: ‘Ring of Fire’ around sun after 172 yrs
- Evaly accused of cheating over online offers
- Rare Solar Eclipse started in Bangladesh
- Google Doodle celebrates Zainul Abedin’s birthday
- Russia successfully tests alternative internet
- 1st driving test of ‘Mars 2020 rover’ completed
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- WhatsApp stopped working on millions of phones
- It was invitation, not legal notice: Telenor
- Evaly becomes billionaire cheating with customers
- Storm over new black hole issue
- ‘Daak Taka’ to make postal service more digital: Jabbar
- All eyes on Dec 26 ‘Ring of Fire’ in sky
- 50 ‘dangerous’ passwords!