Anushka rape, murder: Probe report against Dihan Feb 11
Published: 12:14 26 January 2021 Updated: 12:15 26 January 2021
Fardin Iftekhar Dihan, the only accused in the case of murder after raping the ‘O’ level student Anushka Amin at Kalabagan in the capital
The court today has fixed 11 February by deferring the probe report against Fardin Iftekhar Dihan in the case of murder after raping the ‘O’ level student Anushka Amin at Kalabagan in the capital.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Begum Yasmin Ara’s court set the new date on Tuesday.
The day was set for the submission of the report of the case. However, the investigating officer of the case, Kalabagan police inspector AFM Asaduzzaman could not submit the report, as a result, the court set a new date for the submission of the investigation report.
Earlier on 8 January, the court accepted the statement of the case and fixed 26 January for the submission of the investigation report.
Meanwhile on 13 January, following a petition by investigating officer AFM Asaduzzaman of Kalabagan police station, the court directed to check whether Fardin Iftekhar Dihan had taken “sex enhancing drugs and narcotics”.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Begum Yasmin Ara, on 10 January, ordered a DNA test of Dihan. The next day, on 11 January, Dulal Mia, the gateman of Dihan’s resident, testified in the court of Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Md. Mamunur Rashid as a witness.
Earlier on 8 January, AFM Asaduzzaman appealed to record the statement of Dihan under 164 section as the only accused Dihan had voluntarily agreed to give a confessional statement. Later, the court of Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Md. Mamunur Rashid recorded his statement. He was then sent to jail.
It is to be mentioned that the victim’s father Al-Amin filed a case with the Kalabagan police station, accusing Iftekhar Fardin Dihan as the only accused, mentioned that his daughter Anushka was raped and killed at Dihan’s house in Dolfin Alley in Kalabagan in the capital on 7 January. Later, Kalabagan police arrested Dihan in the case.
- Anushka rape and murder: Court directs DNA test
- ACC files chargesheet against Casino Khalid
- HC orders Papul’s wife, daughter to surrender
- ‘Golden Monir’ on 18 days remand
- Case files against ex-mayor Sayeed Khokon, 7 others
- 7 judges with rank of District and Session Judge transferred
- Mother-son murdered in Kakrail: Husband among 3 to die
- Writ filed banning Bigo Live, TikTok, Likee apps
- Life imprisonment means jail until death: Appellate Division
- Verdict on sensational Samiul murder case today
- Drug case: Probe report against Irfan Selim deferred
- Hearing on Golden Monir`s bail plea today
- Arrest warrant issued against PK Haldar
- Hearing of case against Sabrina, Ariful adjourned till Dec 15
- HC asks for dual citizens, passport holders lists