Anushka, Kohli welcome their first child
Published: 17:24 11 January 2021 Updated: 17:28 11 January 2021
Bollywood actor Anushka Sharma and Indian cricketer Virat Kohli
Bollywood actor Anushka Sharma and Indian cricketer Virat Kohli have been blessed with a baby girl, their first child on Monday.
Kohli took social media site Twitter to share the news.
“We are thrilled to share with you that we have been blessed with a baby girl this afternoon. We thank you all for your love, prayers and good wishes. Anushka and the baby are both healthy and we are feeling beyond blessed to start this new chapter of our lives. We hope that you can respect our privacy at this time. Love, Virat,” he tweeted.
Anushka and Virat, married since 2017, shared the news of her pregnancy on Instagram last August, along with the caption, “And then, we were three! Arriving Jan 2021.”
While Anushka has taken a break from acting for a while, Virat Kohli is on a paternity leave approved by the Board of Cricket Control in India or BCCI. The captain of India's cricket team had skipped the third test match against Australia to be with Anushka at the time of birth.
- Mim Mantasha gets engaged to DU teacher
- Ekushey Padak-winning singer Mita Haque dies of COVID-19
- Moushumi, her son, daughter-in-law contract Covid-19
- Attempted rape, murder to Pori Moni: 5 including Nasir, Omi held
- Ctg Road crash
Singer Beauty in critical condition
- Kobori in ICU as condition deteriorates
- Kabori: At a glance of Dhallywood’s ‘Mishti Meye’
- Kabori’s namaz-e-janaza after zuhr prayers
- BTS wins Billboard music awards for 5 consecutive times
- Nabila confirms pregnancy, expecting first child
- Shreya blessed with baby boy: ‘It’s an emotion never felt before’
- Missing actor Shamim rescued after 4 days
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza crowned Miss Universe 2021
- Veteran actress Kabori dies
- Singer Putul ties knot before lockdown