Another policeman dies from coronavirus in Chattogram
Published: 18:31 23 May 2020
Dead constable man Mohammad Nekabbar Hossain
Another policeman has died from the deadly coronavirus infection in Chattogram, bringing the total death toll of cops from the virus in the district to 3.
The dead policeman identified as Mohammad Nekabbar Hossain was working as a constable in CMP's Halishahar police station. He died at Chattogram General Hospital on Saturday morning.
Confirming this information, the senior consultant of the hospital Abdur Rob said the policeman was admitted to the isolation unit of the hospital on Friday afternoon after contracting coronavirus. He was suffering from severe breathing problems. When his condition deteriorated, he was transferred to the ICU. He died there on Saturday morning.
Naimul Haque, a constable in the port zone of the CMP's traffic department, died at the same hospital after contracting the coronavirus on May 15. Chattogram district police constable Md Mokhlesur Rahman died on May 19.
So far 1,479 people have been infected with coronavirus in Chattogram. Of these, 51 people have died.
- Azan changed in Mecca
- Coronavirus: 16 red zones in Dhaka
- 40 more building under ‘lockdown’ in Mirpur
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
3 deaths, 790 cases reported in 24 hrs
- 147 new deaths reported in a hour, infected 345,289
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 200 in country
- Corona infected identified in Gazipur
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus: New symptom heart attack
- Coronarvirus infection climbed to 38 million globally
- 5 die in 24 hrs in country, coronavirus cases rises to 5,426
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
Record 786 cases registered in 24hrs in country
- Highest COVID-19 deaths, cases recorded in 24 hrs in country