Another Rohingya suspect in JL leader murder killed in gunfight
Published: 12:07 15 September 2019 Updated: 12:11 15 September 2019
A Rohingya man, suspect in the murder of Jubo League (JL) leader Omar Faruk, was killed in a gunfight with police at Nayapara Muchni Rohingya camp area in Teknaf Upazila of Cox's Bazar early Sunday.
The deceased was identified as Habibullah, 40, son of late Ali Ahmad of Muchni Rohingya camp.
Pradip Kumar Das, officer-in-charge of Teknaf Police Station, said acting on information that Rohingya criminals were gathering in Muchni Hill, police conducted a drive there around 1:30 am.
Sensing presence of police, the criminals opened fire on them, forcing them to fire back in self-defence that triggered the gunfight, the OC added.
After the gunfight, police rescued the injured Rohingya man from the spot and admitted him to Teknaf Upazila Health Complex from where he was shifted to Cox’s Bazar Sadar Hospital where doctors declared him dead. Police also recovered two firearms and cartridges from the spot.
With this, seven Rohingya suspects were killed in gunfights after the murder of the Jubo League leader.
On August 22, Jubo League leader Omar Faruk, 30, was shot to death at Jadimura in Teknaf Upazila allegedly by a group of Rohingya criminals.
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Tk 8 lakh for ‘Raja Babu’
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Intimate scene of multiple women with Nayan Bond leaked!
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Court denies bail for Minni
- ‘Benapole Express’ launches
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- My father-in-law’s head not okay: Minni
- 7 killed in Thakurgaon two buses collision
- Bail hearing for Minni today