Another Hefazat leader arrested
Published: 19:21 22 April 2021
Hefazat-e-Islam`s Dhaka metropolitan office secretary and Islami Chhatra Samaj general secretary Ihteshamul Haque Sathi; File Photo
Police have arrested Hefazat-e-Islam's Dhaka metropolitan office secretary and Islami Chhatra Samaj general secretary Ihteshamul Haque Sathi.
He was arrested from Bangshal area of the capital on Thursday afternoon.
Joint Commissioner of Detective Police Mahbub Alam confirmed the information. He said Ihteshamul Haque Sathi was involved in sabotage in Shapla Chattar area in 2013. The leader's involvement is also linked to the recent sabotage following Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Dhaka visit.
So far, 13 central leaders of Hefazat-e-Islam have been arrested from different areas of the capital since April 11.
- Covid-19 vaccination: 50 centers in capital
- ‘Surokkha’ app within Feb 4: DG of DGHS
- ULAB student death: Friend ‘DJ Neha’s obscenity with ‘Client-1,2’
- Circular with 11 directives on seven-day lockdown
- 12th session of 11th parliament begins
- Temperature likely to rise
- Bir Freedom Fighters’ draft list published
- Awami League MP Aslam dies
- Ex Bangladesh Bank deputy governor Ibrahim Khaled dies
- 21 named for Ekushey Padak 2021
- Seminar on MHM of adolescent girls with disabilities
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Mitali Express for Jalpaiguri on Monday, Thursday
- Indian PM thanks Foreign Minister
- Third day`s program going on at parade ground