Actress Romana detained for embezzling crores of takas
Published: 10:37 12 March 2021 Updated: 14:46 12 March 2021
Romana Islam Swarna
Police have detained model and actress Romana Islam Swarna on charges of embezzling more than crores of takas from a Saudi expatriate businessman.
“Actress Romana Islam was arrested from Lalmatia area in the capital’s Mohammadpur on Thursday afternoon,” said Mrityunjay De Sajal, additional deputy commissioner of Mohammadpur zone.
He said a Saudi expatriate victim had filed a case against Romana Islam Swarna with the Mohammadpur police station.
“The victim mentioned in the case that Swarna had embezzled more than crores of takas from him at different times by fraudulently married him. Mohammadpur police detained Sorna based on the allegation,” Mrityunjay De Sajal also said.
He added that the swindled Saudi expatriate got acquainted with Swarna on Facebook.
- Mim Mantasha gets engaged to DU teacher
- Actress Romana detained for embezzling crores of takas
- Romana marries 28 times, embezzles huge money from expats: Police
- Faria Shahrin got engaged
- Anushka reveals daughter’s name with adorable photo
- Ekushey Padak-winning singer Mita Haque dies of COVID-19
- Nikhil sends divorce notice to Nusrat
- BTS named world’s best-selling artists of 2020
- Ctg Road crash
Singer Beauty in critical condition
- Moushumi, her son, daughter-in-law contract Covid-19
- Dipjol becomes grandfather of granddaughter
- Golden Globe Awards 2021: Full list of winners
- Kobori in ICU as condition deteriorates
- Popy ‘married’ a Malaysian expatriate!
- Oscar-winning Canadian actor Christopher dies