Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
Published: 16:22 15 July 2019 Updated: 16:27 15 July 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
An accused was stabbed to death by another accused of a murder case in front of the Judge in a courtroom in Cumilla on Monday.
The deceased was identified as Faruk, 26, son of Ohid Ullah of Laksham in the district.
The incident took place in front of Judge Begum Fatema Ferdous of Cumilla Sessions Judge (third) court in the courtroom around noon during a hearing on the murder case.
The deceased and the attacker are cousins and both are accused in the murder case.
Cumilla Police Super Syed Nurul Islam said accused Hasan, 26, son of Shahidullah of Manoharganj, started stabbing Farukh with a knife indiscriminately while the hearing in the murder case was going on in the court, leaving him critically injured.
Later, Faruk was taken to Cumilla Medical and College where doctors declared him dead.
Security was tightened on the court premises after the incident.
Hasan was arrested after the incident. Police suspected that he carried the knife with him when he came to the court to appear before it.
- Wife hacked dead in Facebook live
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Most infected in last 24 hours in Gazipur
- Beggar donates Tk 10,000 to UNO`s relief fund
- ‘Masjid-e-Nawazish’, most beautiful mosque in Sirajganj
- Locust attack in Teknaf
- Eskayef produces COVID-19 drug Remdesivir for 1st time in country
- Wife hacked dead in live: Husband gives confessional statement
- ‘Corona Testing Booth’ being set up in N’ganj
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- Online class facilities for HSC students
- Pekua UNO stand released over corruption charges
- Drug trader killed in Joypurhat gunfight
- Comilla Medical College to start corona test this month
- 2 more police officers withdrawn in B`baria