Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
Published: 16:22 15 July 2019 Updated: 16:27 15 July 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
An accused was stabbed to death by another accused of a murder case in front of the Judge in a courtroom in Cumilla on Monday.
The deceased was identified as Faruk, 26, son of Ohid Ullah of Laksham in the district.
The incident took place in front of Judge Begum Fatema Ferdous of Cumilla Sessions Judge (third) court in the courtroom around noon during a hearing on the murder case.
The deceased and the attacker are cousins and both are accused in the murder case.
Cumilla Police Super Syed Nurul Islam said accused Hasan, 26, son of Shahidullah of Manoharganj, started stabbing Farukh with a knife indiscriminately while the hearing in the murder case was going on in the court, leaving him critically injured.
Later, Faruk was taken to Cumilla Medical and College where doctors declared him dead.
Security was tightened on the court premises after the incident.
Hasan was arrested after the incident. Police suspected that he carried the knife with him when he came to the court to appear before it.
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Four people held over Rifat killing
- Those who stood, mainly blocked our way: Rifat’s wife
- Refat laid to rest
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 1 held over brutal murder of Barguna man
- 3 in remand over Rifat murder case
- Rifat Murder
Second prime accused Rifat Farazi held
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat