Abrar murder case: 2nd Investigation Officer to testify today
Published: 11:27 24 January 2021
Md Wahiduzzaman, the second Investigation Officer (IO) in the murder case filed over the death of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) student Abrar Fahad, will give his statement before the court on Sunday.
Judge Abu Zafar Md Kamruzzaman of the Speedy Trial Tribunal-1 of Dhaka will record the testimony. So far, out of a total of 60 witnesses in the case, 45 have given their testimonies.
Earlier on January 20, first Investigation Officer Inspector Kabir Hossain Howlader of Chawkbazar Police Station gave his deposition before the tribunal.
On January 5, the plaintiff and Abrar’s father Barkat Ullah have been testified before the court. With this, the testimony of this case started.
The body of Abrar Fahad, a second-year student of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of BUET, was recovered from the corridor between the ground floor and second-floor stairs of Sher-e-Bangla Hall of BUET on 7 October 2019.
On the next day, the autopsy of Abrar has completed at the Dhaka Medical College (DMC) Hospital morgue. Later, the victim's father Barkat Ullah filed a murder case with Chawkbazar police station.
On September 15, Dhaka Speedy Trial Tribunal-1 Judge Abu Zafar Kamruzzaman framed charges against the 25 accused. Twenty-two of the accused are now in jail while three others have been absconding since the case was filed.
- Anushka rape and murder: Court directs DNA test
- ACC files chargesheet against Casino Khalid
- HC orders Papul’s wife, daughter to surrender
- Case files against ex-mayor Sayeed Khokon, 7 others
- 7 judges with rank of District and Session Judge transferred
- Mother-son murdered in Kakrail: Husband among 3 to die
- Writ filed banning Bigo Live, TikTok, Likee apps
- Life imprisonment means jail until death: Appellate Division
- Verdict on sensational Samiul murder case today
- Drug case: Probe report against Irfan Selim deferred
- Hearing on Golden Monir`s bail plea today
- Youth confesses rape, murder of schoolgirl in Kalabagan
- Money laundering: Report against 8 including Papul on Jan 31
- Arrest warrant issued against PK Haldar
- ULAB student rape, death: DJ Neha lands in jail