Abrar murder: BUET students place 8-point demand
Published: 13:12 8 October 2019 Updated: 13:34 8 October 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The protesting students have demanded a seven-point demand with the maximum sentence for those involved in the murder of BUET student Abrar Fahad.
Students gathered on campus from Tuesday morning. They stage a procession from the front of the BUET cafeteria at 10:35 am. Later, they raised a seven-point demand in front of journalists.
The demands are —
The maximum punishment for the killers must be ensured. All the identified killers must be expelled for life from studentship within 72 hours must be ensured. The cases filed should be settled within the shortest time under the speedy trial tribunal.
Since the VC of the university did not come to the spot after 30 hours, he has to respond to his body by 5:00 pm. At the same time, DSW sir also be held accountable for why he escaped from the spot.
Those who involved in physical and psychological abuses in the name of rag in residential halls on different opinions must be expelled. Also, those involved in previous incidents at Ahsanullah Hall and Suhrawardy Hall should terminate the studentship by November 11.
The Provost of Sher-e-Bangla Hall will have to be withdrawn by November 11, due to ignorance of the eviction of students from residential halls using political power and utter failure to ensure the safety of the students.
The BUET administration will have to bear all the costs of the lawsuit and all compensation to the family of Abrar.
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PEC exam schedule published
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- HSC’s exam routine for 2020 published
- BUP Film Fest ‘19 Signed off
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Abrar murder: BUET students place 8-point demand
- ‘Badhan Transfusion Center’ starts journey in DU
- One held over Buet student Abrar murder
- Unrest in BUET over Abrar murder
- No GPA-5 in JSC exams
- 37th BCS Non-cadre result published
- JSC-JDC exam begins tomorrow
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- 11th convocation of RU on Nov 30